Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Crazy Winter.

Life has been CRAZY here. A couple weeks ago, Tara had a bad cough and was breaking out in hives. I took her to the doctor and found out she had RSV. I had to give her these breathing treatments twice a day for a week and then once a day for the following week.

While that was going on, Katelyn woke up on Valentine's Day not feeling very well. So I had her stay home with Tara and I from church while Travis and Alia went. Then later that day she started throwing up. That is just what I want to deal with on Valentine's Day. So as you can imagine, it was probably the least romantic day ever. By Wednesday she was feeling better so she went to school. When she came home she started complaining that her ear hurt and her throat hurt and she had a fever. So I took her to the doctor on Friday and she ended up having strep. We got her antibiotics and by the next day she was feeling a lot better.

Then on Saturday Alia started not feeling very well. She had a fever all day long and then was throwing up all night. Poor thing. All I can say is that I am glad my girls are good about having a bowl nearby when they are sick. It makes clean up a whole lot easier. By Tuesday she was better.

This has been a crazy winter for us. My girls were healthy for a whole entire year until November hit. Hopefully they are just adjusting to their first winter in New Mexico and that by next winter it won't be so bad.

We also are building a house! We had put in offers on two other homes and they just didn't work out for us. But we are okay with it and are really excited to have one built for us. We got to pick out our lot and colors and everything. It is so much fun! I think it will be a long four months though.

4 comments:

marilyn said...

How exciting to get everyone healthy again AND building a home. Fun, fun, fun. Love your new background!

Anonymous said...

Julie, most of the children at my 2 classrooms have been sick a lot this year. It seems that they will get over something, and then they are sick again.

Teresa said...

I forget how kids can go through lots of different sicknesses. Hope all are on the road to recovery.
and Happy Day about the new house.

McLerran Family said...

I agree. This winter season has been terrible as far as sickness goes. Hope your girls get feeling better soon.

Congrats on the house! That's so exciting!!