Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Great American Duck Race

On Saturday we drove to Deming, New Mexico which is about an hour away.  We went to The Great American Duck Race.  It was very fun for our girls.  We raced two ducks, but they didn't win.


 They also had a carnival going on and we let our girls go on some of the rides.  This was their very first time!  They loved it!  When Tara was on the Merry Go Round, she kept saying, "Bumpy!"  and "Up and Down!"  and "This is fun!"  Katelyn and Alia screamed with delight the whole time on the roller coaster.  




  It was a fun little day trip, except for the part where Tara threw up.  We went home after that.  

That night Tara was up all night throwing up.  Poor girl.  I told Travis he got to watch her on Sunday while I went to church.  I was tired, but I needed the break.  Alia was just laying around all morning so we took her temperature and it was 101, so we gave her some Tylenol.  So she stayed home with Travis too.  Church was very easy with just Katelyn.  When I got home Alia had thrown up once and slept some, but she felt very warm.  I took her temperature again and it was up to 104.  I gave her some more medicine, but then she threw up right after I gave it to her.  She slept some more and by the end of the day her temperature was back to normal.  It was just a one day thing for both Tara and Alia, thank goodness.  Having sick kids is the worst.         

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Didn't you guys used to go to sheep races? I wonder how you find out about these things. My kids would love to see sheeps or ducks race.

Julie said...

Yes, we went to The Running Of The Sheep when we lived in San Angelo, Texas. We just heard about them from other people living here. It may just be small towns that do weird stuff like this. We also went to The Bed Races when we lived in California. Too funny!