Then we went to this little rock museum, and I am just thankful we made it out of there alive. It was this tiny place with this old man with a very long whitish grey beard. It smelled awful and while we were looking at the rocks just scattered all over the tables, I just kept thinking, I hope he doesn't murder us. Let's just say, it was a waste of our time.
Then we headed to City Of Rocks State Park. This was fun! The girls enjoyed climbing on the rocks and hiking all around. We saw many lizards and rabbits.
Katelyn wasn't too happy in this picture, as you can see.
We thought this rock looked like a boot!
The next day we went to the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument. This was awesome! It was a bit of a drive to get there and we had to stop to let five deer cross the road right in front of us. Tara ended up getting car sick from all of the curvy roads. I am just thankful that I keep ziploc bags in my car. It could have been a whole lot worse. Anyway, it was about a half a mile hike up to the dwellings. The hike was beautiful! Lots of bridges to cross over the natural spring and river and we saw lots of lizards along the way.
We got to go inside some of the dwellings. It was pretty neat!
On the drive back, we saw some more deer cross the road right in front of us. This time there were about 15 of them. The girls loved it!
Then we went to the Chino Mine Vista Point. Such big tires!

No comments:
Post a Comment