Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dinosaurs And Summer Fling


Tara, Alia, and I had fun going to Katelyn's school and watching all the first graders perform their dinosaur program.  Then after the program we went to Katelyn's classroom and were given a scrapbook of artwork and pictures from the school year.  I love it! One of my favorite pages Katelyn drew a picture of herself and wrote:  My name is Katelyn.  I like cheetahs.  I do NOT like robots.  Then there was another page that had a teddy bear on it and she named it Cheetah.  Katelyn has probably been obsessed with cheetahs all year long.  Anyway, that evening her school had a Summer Fling.  Since Travis was working, I took all the girls by myself.  Admission and all the games were free.  The only thing that cost was if you wanted to buy any food or snacks.  So I got the girls some sno cones and popcorn, since we ate dinner before we came.  Katelyn and Alia enjoyed the bounce houses, cake walk, bubbles, and face painting.  Alia chose a flower and Katelyn chose a unicorn.  They had a lot of fun and Tara enjoyed watching from her stroller.   

1 comment:

marilyn said...

I'm so glad that you venture out even without the help of Travis. That's how life is sometimes and we just learn to make do and enjoy the moments we do get to do as a whole family. My mom took us an a lot of outings and vacations without my dad because he was ALWAYS working. Looks like you all had a great time, a see lots of smiles :)