Well I can't believe it is already May. April just flew by.
Katelyn lost another tooth last month and we are so happy that it finally came out. It was sticking out since the other tooth was growing in and it wasn't too pretty to look at. Now she has another tooth that is loose and almost ready to come out. I guess we might be going through this for awhile until all her adult teeth come in. Katelyn is doing really well in school. She is at a level 28 in reading which is where she should be at the end of second grade! She is a year ahead!
Alia is doing well in Pre-K. I just registered her for Kindergarten this week. It will be really weird just having Tara home all day while Katelyn and Alia are in school.

Tara is as sweet as ever. She just has the sweetest personality. She was just diagnosed with
Pallid Breath-holding spells. She first started passing out when she was 10 months old. As she was walking she fell and hit her head on the wall. It wasn't very hard, but it triggered a spell. Since then it has happened a total of seven times. It is the scariest thing to witness as a parent. She had to have an
EEG to make sure she wasn't having any seizure activity and that wasn't fun to watch either. She hated having all of the little sensors put on. Anyway, the results came back normal, so that is good. I think I have been the most protective of Tara especially since she started having these spells. She will be going into nursery in a few months and I am not sure if I am ready for that yet. It is hard for me to leave her with a babysitter because I don't want them to have to witness a spell. Anyway, she should grow out of it by age 5 but she will probably be one who faints easily and has migraines when she grows up. It is a genetic thing that she probably got from Travis' side of the family since he has a history of fainting and things like that. But there is no need to worry. These spells don't hurt her or do any damage. It is just something we have to deal with.
Our house is really coming along! We are set to close on it in June. I guess that means that this month I will be packing like crazy!
4 comments:
Oh wow! Isn't being a parent just full of unexpected surprises! I hope it goes away sooner then later! That would scare me every time!
I am glad that you got Tara's condition figured out and that she will grow out of it.
Congrats to Katelyn on being such a great reader! I think it would be fun if she and Jack became pen pals.
Ryszard has dubbed Tara as "little Meg Ryan" he thinks she looks like her. he is funny. Tara is such a cute. hopefully you won't have to deal with those too much,I'm sure it is awful to see. But happy to hear it doesn't cause any damage. Katelyn is such a good girl WAY TO GO! and Alia is entering Kindergarten already! where has the time gone?
Oh that's scary. I'm glad to hear it is something she will grow out of but I'm sure it is hard to see that happen to your baby. Does she just forget to breath or hold her breath until she's upset? I can't breath when I laugh or cry and Seth and Ayden have both held their breath when crying until they've passed out. I wonder if that is just a lighter case of what she has. It is so scary. Again, glad she's ok though!
Post a Comment