Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My First Post Of The Year

Holy cow!  January is almost over and this is my first post of the year.  What can I say, having three kids keeps you busy busy busy! 

Anyway, this week we took Tara's mattress out of her crib and now have it set up on the floor in her room until we decide to get her a twin mattress.  She is doing pretty well at going to bed.  I can't get her to take a nap anymore, but that makes her really tired at night.  This is our first child where we have had a two story house while transitioning to a "big" bed.  We have a gate set up at her bedroom door and at the top of the stairs so hopefully that will keep her from getting out and falling down the stairs.  I also still have the monitor set up so I can hear if she wakes up during the night or whatever.

When Alia was sick back in December she hated taking baths, which is very odd for her.  So we gave her a shower and now both Katelyn and Alia have discovered how much they love taking showers!

I have found out that the older I get the more and more things I become allergic to.  Mostly fruits and spicy foods.  So now every time I am at the store and walk past the grapefruits, I have to just pick one up and smell it and that helps.  I get to enjoy the smell instead of eating it and feeling all itchy.  Why do I have to be allergic to good foods?  Why can't I just be allergic to chocolate or something that isn't healthy?

    

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That is terrible to have allergies! Perhaps they will go away after time, I know Danny has some that come and go.
crazy.