Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Katelyn's 5th Birthday

I can't believe Katelyn is already five! Boy, time flies! The day started off wonderful. I woke up at around 6:00 to Travis coming in the door from being gone all week. He surprised me and took half a day off to get home earlier for Katelyn's birthday. He's so awesome! Then at around 7:00 is when Katelyn woke up and came into our bedroom and the first thing she said was, "It's my birthday!" It was so fun to see her that excited! We went to Stevi B's for lunch and then played some of the games there afterwards. We had so much fun! Then we went to Wal-Mart so Katelyn could pick out a cake for her birthday party tomorrow. She really enjoyed being the one to pick it out. Then at home we let her open one gift to start out with and she was so excited! When she opened it she said. "This is just what I wanted! A pony!" It is so fun to see pure happiness on your child's face! Alia was even excited about it. We went to Coldstone for ice cream while we had someone looking at our house and Katelyn picked out just what she wanted. She got mint ice cream with oreo cookies in it. That's my girl! That is what I usually always get. Then we went to Katelyn's favorite store, Ashley Furniture. She always wants to go there and was really happy when she suggested it and we actually went. I think she loves it because Ashley is her middle name or because of the fountain in it or the little play center or the kids furniture or the mattresses or... well maybe she just likes everything about it!!! When we got home we opened the rest of her gifts and that kept both Alia and Katelyn busy for the rest of the night. I did stop them from playing for a little bit so they could have some dinner, but then it was straight back to playing. It was such a fun day!

4 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Wow -- Happy Birthday Katelyn! That sure sounds like a really fun BirthDAY! Glad it was such a special day!! -- Rachel

Ferret said...

Time sure does fly! Happy Birthday!!!! Katelyn sure has some great parents!
Can you believe you have been a mommy for 5 years now! I am glad my kids are not the only ones who get excited when we go into Ashley furniture.

Marcie Kump said...

How funny that she wanted to go to a furniture store. hehehehe

Bastianclan said...

Happy 5th B-day Katelyn. It sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday. YUMMM you like the same kind of Ice Cream as me. Mint and Oreo Yummy... I really like cold stone too! I have never been to Ashley Funiture, I guess we need to check it out.