Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

We are staying!

As many of you know, Travis has been working in Greenwood, South Carolina for almost four months now. What that means for me and my girls is that we don't ever get to see him except for weekends, if he's not working that is. We have been praying and praying and praying that our house would sell so that we could finally move up there. Well, nothing was happening. We have had many people look at the house, but no buyers. We finally started just praying that our family could be together. And what do you know! Travis finds out about a contracting job here on post and applies for it. What could it hurt, right? Well, four days later he gets a call from this company saying that they want to interview him for this job. Then the very next day he gets a call back from them offering him a job. Travis was like, "what about the interview?" And they said that after talking to a guy that knows Travis and that is currently working for them, that he didn't even need an interview. WOW! So, he put in his notice to his current job and will be starting his new job by the end of this month. We are really excited about it. Now we don't have to worry about selling our house or leaving all of our friends and everything like that.

I just want to thank everyone who has helped me while Travis has been away. You don't know how stressful it has been with him gone. It really has meant a lot to me for those of you who have willingly babysat for me while we have had to go to dentist and doctor appointments and everything like that. Also, for the phone calls so that I could talk to another adult. Thank you so much. I don't know what I would have done without all of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME NEWS Julie! I am so happy for you guys! No one deserves this more than you!

Jessica said...

I am so happy you are staying!!! I am more happy that you get to play with Travis again!

Ferret said...

How wonderful! We are so happy you guys are staying here!

Shari Davis said...

I'm glad you're staying! You're a strong woman being away from your hubby that long! What a blessing!