Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tagged Again

6 things most people don't know about me...

1. I have to wear socks almost all of the time. I wear them to bed because if I didn't my feet would get too cold. I wear them around the house so I don't have to feel crumbs from the kitchen floor on my feet or just in case there was a bug in my house, if I were to accidentally step on it at least my feet wouldn't get bug guts on them. I even wear them during the summer. If I happen to wear sandals that day I don't wear them, but when I get home and take off my sandals, I put socks on right away. My husband, Travis, is probably the complete opposite. You will hardly ever find him wearing socks around the house, and if he is wearing them you know that his feet have to be really cold.

2. I hate cleaning the bathrooms and mopping the kitchen floor. I put it off as long as possible and then I finally make myself clean them. I just have to because I love having a clean house. Sometimes we have to do things we don't like to do, especially as a mom.

3. I don't really care for fantasy/science fiction movies. Yes that includes Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and things like that. I can deal with super hero movies, but it is really hard for me to watch the others. I watched Lord of the Rings with Travis and I think it took us three days to watch the first one because I kept falling asleep or because I had had enough of it for the day. It is just not very interesting to me. I enjoy more realistic stories.

4. I love country music. I think I first started to like it when I was in junior high school and it just got better and better. My first CD that I ever bought was one by Shania Twain. I think I know about every word to the songs on that CD. Now I love Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, and Dixie Chicks just to name a few. If I am listening to music it most likely will be country, although I still enjoy other types of music too.

5. I have never operated a barbecue grill and don't know how to either. My husband is always the one to do it. I think if I had to I could figure it out, but I think I will just leave that job up to my husband for now.

6. I love sleeping. I think this all started after I became a mom and realized how much less sleep I was getting. I don't necessarily like going to bed early but I enjoy sleeping in occasionally and getting a nap in here or there. I used to take a nap every Sunday after church, but now that our church time has changed, I really miss that nap I would get every week.

Okay now the six people I am tagging are: Jessica, Erin, Annika, Christen, Kim, Shari, and anyone else who wants to do this!

2 comments:

Ferret said...

Julie, I am just like all of these except #1. I will wear socks every now and then, but not to often. I too despise mopping and cleaning the bathrooms, especially the boys bathroom! I laughed at #3 b/c we did the SAME thing with Lord of the Rings. We rented it and couldn't get past the first 30 minutes! We are country fans too! And I do not know how to operate a grill, Josh always does it. Of course, I love sleep too. LOL.

Shari Davis said...

Julie, you are too funny! I love reading new things about people. It's so fun! And I love that your daughter loves Ashley's Furniture! Too cute!