Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stake Conference

We had Stake Conference today. It was cool because since we have a Spanish speaking ward in our stake, they were doing some announcements at first in English and then also in Spanish. Katelyn and Alia thought it was pretty cool. We had a broadcast from Salt Lake City broadcasting to Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. As soon as it started, Alia said in her normally loud voice, "This is a boring show."

Here are a few of my notes:

Richard C. Egdely
- If we don't experience pain and sorrow, how can we have joy and happiness?
- How do our challenges define our lives? Do we become angry? How do we react?

William D. Oswald

- Focus on spiritual things, not worldly things.
- Focus on eternal values, our relationship with Heavenly Father.
- Listen to and follow our leaders.

Quentin L. Cook and Dieter F. Uchtdorf also spoke, but my girls did not allow me to hear what they said. Alia kept saying she had to go potty or she would have an accident. So I had to take all three of my girls to the bathroom and of course Alia gets on the potty and doesn't even go. Then Tara decides she is hungry so I took all of my girls into the mother's lounge to feed her. Katelyn and Alia were so full of energy. I could not get them to sit still or to stop talking. I sometimes feel like a single mother since Travis is working nights and isn't able to go to church with us. Haven't I done this before? Yes I remember, back when Travis was deployed about 3 1/2 years ago. I was doing it all by myself with a 2 1/2 year old and a baby. It was hard back then, now just add one more girl to it and it is not easier at all. Anyway, at least I was able to hear the first half of the Conference. After having to deal with my girls today I am reminded of what was said, "How do our challenges define our lives?"

4 comments:

Nate and Annika Phillips said...

Wasn't that a great conference? I loved Bishop Edgley's talk as well. It made me really think about what I complain about! I'm going to really work on being more submissive to the Lord's will and be a better missionary. I hope New Mexico's great and you're getting adjusted :)

Danielle said...

I remember when Travis was deployed and you kept taking your girls to church and other activities - kept moving on with life. They are blessed to have a strong mother.

Jocelyn said...

You are so Great. Ryszard has been watching Brock while I work in Primary, but Brock is now getting to that stage where he doesn't want to sit still for that long {must be on the verge of walking!} I don't know how I would do it without Ryszard! and you have 3! you are super woman!

Teresa said...

hey Julie, I don't know if you remember me...we went to Westmore together, even though I think I was a year older than you. Anyways, I noticed that you commented on Annika's blog and I just wanted to let you know that we are living in Rio Rancho (just outside of Albuquerque). We have been here for about a year and a half and we love it! Stop on by my blog if you would like sandlovers@blogspot.com