Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Bunk Beds

A few weeks ago we decided to get bunk beds for our girls in order to make a little more space in our house for our third little girl that will be coming in less then two months! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. Anyway, the girls love their new beds. The first night we put them to bed at the same time and they mostly were just playing and passing books back and forth to each other. (We kind of expected them to not go to sleep right away.) After awhile we realized that wasn't going to work. So now we have been putting Alia to bed about a half hour before Katelyn. So it is working now. Alia is asleep by the time we put Katelyn to bed. We got a bunk bed that had stairs instead of the ladder. When we were looking at them in the stores, Katelyn could climb up good but she was scared to come down. Also, under the stairs on the bed we got is a built in dresser which we needed. Most of the time during the day if they are in their room, this is how I find them:They just love hanging out on the top bunk reading books or playing together. As you can tell, Alia usually never leaves her hair done for the whole day, she always has to take it out. Oh well.

When we were looking at the stores the sales women asked where I was from originally, so I told her Utah. Then she said that she loved the way I talked. It is kind of funny because when I go back to Utah, people say I have a slight southern accent now. I guess that is what I get for living here for five years.

I am still trying to get things ready for when the baby comes. We got the crib set up and all the clothes washed and ready. We definitely have plenty of clothes. I guess that is one good thing about having another girl, we don't need to buy all new boy stuff. I've got the car seat all ready to be put into the car and Katelyn and Alia have been having fun putting their dolls in the car seat while it has been out. There are still a few things we need to buy for the baby like a baby bath, diapers, wipes, and stuff like that, and a new mobile. I got the old one out and put batteries in it and it doesn't turn like it should. How sad. If I would have known it wasn't going to work, I wouldn't have kept it all this time.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

It's so sweet to hear stories of sisters playing together- fun beds- hope the last few week go well for you.

Jocelyn said...

yeah bunk beds! they are the best! I've never seen one with stairs before... how cool!

McLerran Family said...

Your girls look so cute playing in their new bed. My sisters and I had bunkbeds when we were growing up. I have tons of fond memories!

April said...

I really like the stairs, I've never seen that before. They will really enjoy their new beds.

marilyn said...

Love the Bunks and the stairs. How cool is that. The girls are so cute. Love the hair, Alia. So you do have an accent. Told you! Still looking for tickets. It's just around the corner!

Heather said...

That is the same bed my boys have! Isn't it cool? Did you get the drawers that go underneath too? We were lucky enough to have Bobby's parents make that purchase. How exciting that we're getting so close to our due dates. I'm so ready, aren't you?