For Family Home Evening tonight we decided to carve pumpkins. We bought two pumpkins and a carving kit a WalMart on Saturday and since then Katelyn kept saying, "I wish it were Monday." She was really excited to carve the pumpkins. Anyway, after cutting the top off I told the girls to get the seeds out and they both tried but didn't like how dirty they were getting so I ended up cleaning it out. (They are such girls!) Travis did the carving and I think it turned out good! The girls love it! With the second pumpkin they decided they just wanted to color on it while Travis carved. Anyway, it was fun!
Julia does not like getting dirty either. Do you know what works really well? Disposable gloves, I use them all the time. Julia loves to take the "guts" out when her hands are protected with a glove!
Eden didn't mind getting dirty, but Andrew really didn't like it. Hey, I finally tried your mom's sugar cookie recipe from your post in February, for a YW party- they're delicious and smell SO good!
7 comments:
We had the same carving kit and Maddy picked the cat one too. Except yours turned out way better then mine! Very nice!
Julia does not like getting dirty either. Do you know what works really well? Disposable gloves, I use them all the time. Julia loves to take the "guts" out when her hands are protected with a glove!
You may want to let the girls carve their own pumpkin over on my blog...they will not get dirty & it is alot of fun!
Your girls are funny- love their smiles-
Your pumpkins turned out so cute! So funny that your girls didn't want to get their hands dirty!
Eden didn't mind getting dirty, but Andrew really didn't like it. Hey, I finally tried your mom's sugar cookie recipe from your post in February, for a YW party- they're delicious and smell SO good!
Your belly is looking so cute! I can't believe how far along you are. You look great!
Post a Comment