Monday, January 7, 2008
A New Year
Well it is 2008! We celebrated New Years Eve as a family at home. We played games with the kids and made cookies. I even let Katelyn stay up until 9:00. She usually goes to bed between 7:00 and 8:00. Everyone should be proud of me though, I stayed up until midnight this year! I usually end of falling asleep before than. I would have gone to bed right after midnight, but of course there were some people down our street lighting off fireworks. So I watched the fireworks from out of our bathroom window since I wouldn't of been able to go to sleep anyway with all of the noise. I think that I had the best view. In the morning, we all slept in until 8:30 so that was nice. This year may have a bunch of changes for us. Since our ward boundaries changed, we got put in a different ward. Katelyn and I went yesterday for the first time. (Travis and Alia were at home sick). I think I only knew a few families there and it is a pretty big ward. It was really hard for us though. We had been in our old ward for four years and we have grown to love many of the members there. It is hard to leave them and go somewhere where you hardly know anyone. After church, Katelyn was saying that she didn't want to go to this church. She wanted to go back to our old ward and be with all of her friends there. It made me cry when she said this. I know just how she feels. I feel the same way. But I am sure we will make new friends soon. Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful year and is able to keep all of your New Years Resolutions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That's hard! We just moved into a ward that is HUUUUGE! It's going to be split any time now, and I'm having somewhat of a bad attitude because I'm not putting myself out there as much or trying to get to know people because in my head I'm thinking that I don't want to make friends and then not be in their ward when it splits and have to start all over again. I know I shouldn't think or act that way, but it's just hard not to.
Oh Julie- we miss you already. I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends and we still live the same distance apart- we need to still get together for play dates!!!
We really do miss you! I just thinking on Sunday how I didn't see you guys and it was kind of weird. I know you'll make lots of friends in your new ward!
We miss you guys! But glad you didn't MOVE -- then we wouldn't even get to see ya! Let's get together soon! -- Rachel
I put the kids to bed at 9 and fell asleep right after. It was the first time that we have ever gone to bed like that. It was actually nice!
New Years has never really been that exciting for us either. We did have a really fun time this year though.
Moving into a new ward is so hard!! We love the ward we are in and I'm dreading having to leave it someday. Attending other church activities is a great way to get to know people a little better. It's hard to be brave enough to go when you don't know anyone, but it's a lot easier to meet people in a smaller group. Good luck!
I LOVE your wedding picture! So CUTE!
Post a Comment