Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Boy or Girl?

We had our ultrasound today and found out what we are having! According to the poll 76% of you thought it would be a boy, but you were wrong! We are having another girl! Poor Travis wanted a boy, but knew it would be a girl. We are both excited though! We are used to girls and probably wouldn't know what to do with a boy anyway. Now we just need to come up with a name that we both like. Anyway, we went to Katelyn's school tonight because they had an open house. So we were able to go meet her teacher and see her classroom and all that. At first Katelyn was a little nervous, but I think she will be just fine. I always said that I wouldn't be one of those moms that would cry when they took their child to kindergarten, but I did cry and she hasn't even started yet! It is just so hard watching your child grow up.

11 comments:

marilyn said...

Hurrah for girls! Remember that you are the 4th girl in a row in our family. Thank goodness we have you! I am excited for Katelyn and you to have this kindergarten experience. It will be so fun. Out of all my children, Julie, you would be the FIRST to cry when your child goes to school.

April said...

Congratulations Julie and Travis!!! As you mother-in-law has said before, you have beautiful girls. And you will save money by not having to buy boy clothes. I'm sure your girls are excited too.

Jessica said...

Oh....sorry Travis! I have a feeling we are going to have all boys so we can swap a few of our kids with each other to make it even! I can't wait to hear the name- keep us posted!

Katrina said...

Girls are fun too. You can dress them up alot easier then boys. Gunnar doesn't like getting dressed up or in fact dressed at all. Congratulations you two!

Jocelyn said...

WAHOO! I love little girls, not that I wouldn't trade Brock for one, but they are just so much fun. this just means that you guys are going to have to try for a boy next time... right! or you could always come visit one of your siblings, we'll give you more boy time they you can handle. have fun, I am so excited you'll even it up again!

Nate and Annika Phillips said...

Yippee! Congrats Jules.

Lisa said...

congrats julie! Do you have any names in mind yet??

Me said...

Name the baby after your mom, Marilyn a great name for you're baby! Carpe diem before you start having boys because then you won't be able to have a Marilyn Monroe baby.

karilyn said...

Congratulations...Girls are the best!
Lucky Travis...he gets to live in a
home filled with angels!

Lani said...

Congrats on finding out you're having a girl! I know what you mean about kindergarten- I thought we were both SO READY for her to start last year, but she couldn't. Now that its really happening, I'm feeling a little sad!

Teresa said...

What are little girls made of? - sugar and spice and everything nice-
Lucky You!
Hugs :}