Monroe Family

Our life with three beautiful daughters!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Travis Is The Man!

On Saturday morning I went to leave to our Relief Society Super Saturday. I got in the car and started to leave and realized that we had a flat tire. So I ended up having to take our other car. Travis watched the girls for five hours while I was able to attend our Super Saturday. It was fun and I learned some good things on food storage and meal planning and did a few crafts as well. Anyway when I returned home, Travis and Katelyn had cleaned the bathrooms! It was a fun surprise! Travis had planned to change our flat tire but of course it was raining. We have been having a lot of rain because of Fay. After the rain stopped he went out there and changed the tire, but the spare was flat too. So since it was late on Saturday we had to wait until Monday to get the tire replaced. On Sunday Katelyn kept complaining about her tummy hurting. We just thought it was sore from her falling on the bathtub when she was trying to help Daddy clean it yesterday. But at about 10:30 pm Travis came and woke me up saying that Katelyn was throwing up. The weird thing is that she had thrown up all over Alia's bed and Alia didn't even wake up until it was all over and Travis had turned on the bedroom light. Katelyn had slept walked and was dreaming that she was throwing up. So when Travis had gone in there, she was really confused. Anyway, while Travis is cleaning up the girls and giving Katelyn a bath, I was cleaning up the vomit and taking off the blankets and sheets. All I can say is thank goodness for a good waterproof mattress protector otherwise Alia's mattress would not be smelling too good. I started some laundry and Travis used some febreeze in their room, since you can probably imagine that it didn't smell too good. We got out the air mattress so Katelyn and I could sleep on it and so I could be close just in case she threw up again. We put Alia in Katelyn's bed since her bedding was getting washed. Anyway, I didn't get to sleep until about 2:00 am and Kateyln didn't end up throwing up anymore thank goodness. We didn't take her to school on Monday since she was sick the night before. She was acting fine though. Travis ended up taking the flat tire in to get replaced during his lunch break and then after work he picked it up. Then of course when he got home he was going to put it on the car, but it was raining again. We had to wait for it to stop and then he was able to change it. Then we took the car in to get the other tires replaced, they were in need of it too. But since it was 7:30 pm it probably wouldn't be done until tomorrow. So here it is Tuesday. This morning I dropped Travis off to pick up the car and then took Katelyn to school since she was feeling better now. So now hopefully all of the craziness is over and we can get back to normal life.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

way to go Travis! what a good hubby he is!

marilyn said...

So Julie, I hate to tell you, but this craziness may become some of your "normal" days as a mom. Especially when all your kids are teenagers. You will be just directing traffic and watching life race by. Thank goodness you had Travis to help you out.

Anonymous said...

That's my son. I say, I say, I'm proud of you boy.

Fog Horn Lege Horn